You are here: Home Ministries >> Fundraising
Our Lady of the Visitation has a dynamic, friendly and outgoing team of fundraising volunteers who make things happen in the Parish. Fundraising not only brings in money that goes toward the restoration fund but also provides the opportunity for parishioners and friends of the parish to work together building new friendships while deepening their faith. There are many events to volunteer for as listed below. Volunteer a few hours on a regular basis or once a year for other events. To quote old verbiage: "Many hands make light work!"
**Most parish fundraising events remain on hold until further notice due to pandemic lockdown
Community Bingo is on HOLD in Ottawa south every Thursday evening at the OLV Banquet Hall 5338 Bank Street.
- Doors open 6 pm with 19 Games starting at 6:45 pm. A canteen is available.
- Features include lots of free paved parking, barrier-free main floor building, clean bright surroundings and friendly volunteer staff.
- Proceeds to the OLV Church Restoration Fund.
- Prize board click here for more info or phone 613-822-1777
Play 4-Handed Euchre at the Parish Hall.
- Monday evenings; Play starts at 7:00 pm and goes to 9:00 pm.
- No partner is needed.
- Enjoy light refreshments.
- Admission is $5.00
Every spring OLV holds its annual charity auction with donations from local businesses, parishioners, and friends of the parish. The event features live and silent auction items as well as speciality tables and a canteen.
Online Auction Date: May 29th to June 5th
We would also appreciate gift cards from the stores you frequent. Click here for a donation request letter to take or send to a favourite business. We will also accept home baking (items to be obtained after auction is completed) which is always a favourite. Deadline for donating items is May 13th to ensure they are part of the online catalogue. Thank you for your continuing support.
PARISH TAKEOUT SUPPERS on HOLD due to Stay at Home order
With COVID-19 our parish dinners became takeout meals heartily supported by the parish and the community. With final numbers yet to come the net estimate for all three dinners is $10,000 for the church restoration fund. The Schnitzel & Roast Beef Dinners combined served over 400 while the turkey dinner served over 300. Special thank you to our volunteers: Jim & Lorraine, Maureen & Jeff, Claudette & Werner, Kelly & John, Elaine, Arthur, Anne & Greg, Helen, Mona, Maggie, Marie, the student volunteers, the Knights of Columbus, Father Bill.
Leftovers were given to Harvest House.
Annual Harvest Dinner
- Held on a Sunday afternoon following Thanksgiving.
- Menu: Roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.
- 2 sittings: 4:00 & 6 PM
- Parishioners: Watch for the food donation/volunteer sign up sheets that will be posted in the church. Please consider helping out for a few hours that day. It’s a great way to get to know your fellow parishioners.
Annual Turkey Dinner
- Held on a Sunday afternoon in mid-November.
- Menu: Turkey dinner with all the trimmings.
- 2 sittings 4:00 & 6 PM
- Volunteers are always needed and greatly appreciated.
Advertising space is rented on the back page of the parish bulletin for $250 per unit. Proceeds from advertising sales go to pay for the cost of printing the bulletin. Parishioners are regularly encouraged to frequent these business supporters. Bulletin advertisers area also listed free of charge on the parish website. click to see our bulletin advertisers
Parishioners are invited to support the parish by:
- Pre-Authorized Giving (monthly) Learn more Apply Now
- Boxed Envelopes - weekly
- Blue Envelopes – monthly donations to the mortgage fund
- Canada Helps – an online charity donation service (click to go to the Canada Helps website)
- United Way – by directing payroll deductions to Our Lady of the Visitation Charity Number 128967353RR0116
- Planned Giving – remembering the church when estate planning Learn more Apply Now
Fundraising has a variety of products for sale:
- Rosaries - three types at $10 each
- Finger Rosaries - $5.00 each
- Spirit Highway CDs – Way of the Cross - $10 each
- Contact parish office for details 613-822-2197
- The parish holds an annual quilt raffle.
- Normally there are 10 prizes.
- A lottery license is obtained from the City.
- The draw takes place on the last Sunday before Christmas Day.
- Volunteers are needed to sell raffle tickets.
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS BAZAAR & BAKE SALE: TBDChristmas shop for gifts and baked goodies at your parish hall. Enjoy a hot lunch and visit the many vendors. For information contact Marie 613-769-7570. Additional Vendor inquiries welcome.
- Held on the last weekend in November
- Vendor tables are available
- Features delicious homemade baking
- Choose from quality craft items and knitted goods
- Enjoy a light snack at the canteen
- Bid on delightful silent auction items including gift baskets, certificates, and more
May 29th to June 5th